Cleaning the Patio

I have a big job on my hands this Blue Monday!

It's time to pay the piper and get the 
yard and patio 
straightened up.



I had a paint can sitting on the table that had rusted, it sat there so long after I 
painted my old shed.  So out it went..finally!  It's such a simple thing but it was a hike 
to the back of the yard and I haven't felt like doing much of anything this year.


I then gathered the two loungers that have been in the yard,  I bought new cushions for them last week and they are still in the trunk of the car,  I have one scrubbed down and looking perfect and will be working on the next one this afternoon.  


The reason for all this industry in the middle of the hottest month of the year?  

I have company possibly on the way.  

My daughter and her family were coming down 
from North Carolina but my son in law's service dog has been deathly ill and is just out 
of the veterinarian hospital.  He may not be well enough to travel.



But in case, I want to be ready!  So I'm braving the humidity and 
putting everything back in order and removing the layer of 
dust that has settled.  Once the weather is nicer I will want to spend more time out on the patio.



 It's always fun to get snail mail and a big thank you to my friend Diane at 
for the kind words.

Now, this week
I'm looking for a table top hibachi, I hope they still make them.  .   



Join the rest of 
the gang:



Comments

Cheapchick said…
How pretty - I love your little shed - and great colors. I hope your family does get to come visit!
Anonymous said…
Isn't it just amazing what company coming will do? I have been there so many times! Your brightly colored yellow shed is so cute and love how you've decorated around it. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
SmilingSally said…
Hi Jeannie Marie,

I really like your blue chair up against that brightly colored shed. I hope the dog gets well. Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!
joyh82 said…
I hope you get to have some company soon and it sounds and looks
like you will have it looking nice in no time!
Joy @ Books and Life
GranthamLynn said…
Oh your yard is looking great. I hope you have a marvelous visit.
I have seen habachis recently. But where I am not sure. Good luck finding one! Have a great week.
Michelle said…
Love those pink flamingos!
It really has been hot lately but you'll have things so nice. I hope they get to come. And Diane is a special friend of mine too. It's so much fun to get mail from her! She is always so thoughtful! Sweet hugs, Diane
Patty said…
AND your sister is coming soon, too!! I can't wait to see your pretty yard, and that lovely shed! You always have unique and clever ideas!!
Jeannie Marie said…
Absolutely, my sister Patty is coming in September! Another cleaning will be needed I'm sure by then!
Rebecca said…
I, too, have been dealing with getting MANY "simple" things done! I agree with you about how they pile up. I SO like the cheerful color of your shed! And the "Cares" chorus that your friend sent you is one of my favorite choruses.....♥
Rebecca said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annesphamily said…
Love that blue chair! Having lost my job last November I am trying to organize our home and find a place for everything! I am also new following you. Have a wonderful week.
Decor To Adore said…
Oh I absolutely love the bright colors of your shed. Your garden looks like such a happy space!
Diane Writes said…
Hi Jeannie! I love the patio. The colors are exploding with liveliness. I hope you will have a great time once your family arrives. :)

Thank you for posting the card :) One thing I realized though, our post office is somehow deceiving me. I think she overcharged me this time. I instructed her that I wanted stamps. She replied yes and told me that she'll be the one who will stick on the stamps. I was surprised she charged me Php 40 but some would just charge me Php 13 :) Hahaha Regardless, I'm happy that it reached you :)
I always enjoy the fruit of my labors- the end result after cleaning. ;)
LV said…
I like what you have done. Looks very nice.
RobinfromCA said…
Everything looks very cozy and welcoming. I hope your son-in-laws dog is going to be OK.
I too love to get snail mail. A friend and I have recently decided that we will send each other snail mail whenever the opportunity presents itself because we miss seeing that hand addressed envelope surprising us in the mailbox. We only live about 5 miles away from each other but we've found several reasons to put a quick note in the mail!

Have a lovely weekend!
Robin
Sheila Brown said…
I love your brightly color shed and chair! Your patio looks beautiful too! When we are expecting company is the best time for me to get hubby to "clean up" his messes around the yard! I will always have some empty flower pots sitting around and a bag of potting soil. It's too long a walk to the barn, where they actually should stay! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans