Beachy Sunset


There is nothing like a beautiful sunset.  It's especially nice when you are on a date!  



This last hospital stay we almost lost my husband.  He had begun bleeding out of an artery and had lost so much blood he almost died.  His blood was too thin from his blood thinner they couldn't do surgery right away.  They gave him unit after unit of blood all day and night until 3 am the next morning.  They went in and coiled off part of his kidney.  If he hadn't stopped bleeding, they were going to take the entire kidney.  

The recovery was very slow and after two weeks in the hospital he had barely recovered enough to walk.  They sent him home too early.

He developed so much fluid in his legs that on his followup doctor visit two days later, his doctor sent him to rehab.  

Bill was in the rehab center for a week because he had so much fluid on his legs and feet.  He also need physical therapy to relearn how to use his legs and being able to move well on his own.  He worked hard and improved his walking and was able to easily rise from a sitting position and strengthen his arms.


We discovered after a week in rehab, if you can walk, you can go out for a bit with someone responsible.  Rehab is not like a regular hospital stay.  Upon learning that, I whisked him off and we went home for the afternoon and he got to watch the Bucks play football and then we went off to the beach to see the sunset.


 We had a light supper afterwards at Dennys where they serve breakfast 24/7.  
It was lovely.  He came home just yesterday, discharged completely.  I hope he can stay home for awhile.  

Comments

I'll keep him in my prayers. I sure hope he can stay home now and you can both get some rest. Sweet hugs, Diane
Praise God! I pray he is fully recovered soon. What an ordeal you have been through, and I am thankful he is so much better!

xo

Sheila
Jill said…
I sure hope you have your dear hubby home now, take care!
Cheapchick said…
How scary, so glad he is home now. Wishing him some good health and you some less stress days.
So happy to hear he is home. I will keep both of you in prayer. Your pictures are beautiful.
Paulette said…
I am sorry that you and your husband had to experience these difficult times. I am very grateful that you have come out of the bad times and now are now back to your home and a normal routine. You have my prayers and my friendship.
I'm so sorry that you and your husband had to go through such an ordeal. I do hope he's able to stay at home now and continues his path to a full recovery. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.
Vanessa said…
Hope all goes well, good luck with everything.
I'm still praying for you both my friend. Take care and enjoy your weekend. Sweet hugs, Diane

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans