My New Years Day Lucky Meal

When I was growing up we did not have a special meal for New Years Day. If my mother prepared a lucky dish, I never got the message. She may have, I was pretty lucky to marry into a family that did have a lucky dish.


I didn't feel lucky at the time because I did not like sauerkraut and my mother in law insisted on at least a bite every New Years Day. If we were not together, she would call and check to see if we we making it. I loved my mother in law and she was a good cook, but her sauerkraut was always just heated from a can.

I thought sauerkraut was too tangy, crunchy and horrible to eat and only fixed it for New Years Day. For ten years I suffered and cursed the tradition. I was never happy about New Years dinner.

Then we moved to Saginaw Michigan and I met a friend, Sonja, who had been born and raised in Germany. Click here for the rest of the story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans