Downtown Disney & Dead Throne



I was still pumped up from the first show and the whole weekend and couldn't wait to get on our way to Downtown Disney and meet up with James again. 

My silk scarf made it's first appearance today!



We walked all over and decided to eat dinner at Planet Hollywood.


 It was fun to see Forrest Gump's shrimp boat, Jenny docked right next door!
We had just watched it last week, for the zillionth time.



Inside we saw Judy Garland's Wizard of Oz Dress!
The Terminator
and props from Dr. Doolittle and hundreds of other movies.  It was fantastic!


James had a silhouette cut of Bill and I together.  They do them one person at a time.

  This is a tradition that goes way back in our family, almost a hundred years.  My grandmother and grandfather, my mother and her siblings, myself and my sisters, my children, grandchildren. My sisters' children and grands...It's a rite of passage.    I have actually  had three cut.  By myself at about age 10, with two of my sisters around age 40 and now with the Mr.in our 60's. James couldn't have given us anything nicer.

The completed silhouette took a bit longer than expected so it was then it was a mad dash to the show. 


(sometimes it does not come up...here is the link) 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdlFcBZVWo&feature=g-upl&context=G2896553AUAAAAAAAAAA

For the not so faint of heart....here is a video during the show. 
The Dead Throne Tour

James plays keys

It was every bit as fun as the first show in Tampa!  Rock on!

Shadow shots from the lights.  Miss these days!  

For more Shadow Shots 
Check THESE out at Shadow Shot Sunday2



Comments

Oh, Jeannie...What a thrill to be able to pop over to your blog and see the original Dorothy dress! Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for sharing this with me!
Blessings, my sweet friend!
Carolynn xo
Gemma Wiseman said…
Such an interesting post. Amazing that Dorothy's dress has been preserved and on public display. A great idea. And love the beautiful lighting round James as he plays.
Ralph said…
How cool! The many artifacts at Disney are displayed well, the entertainment great and the silhouette of the couple that is :) is the real coup de grâceof your visit - the look of the long time couple in silhouette is wonderful. A tradition that shall continue!

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans