A January Thrifting Trip

Mom and I went to lunch and stopped in to a nearby thrift store.  We haven't done anything together since the cruise last month because I've been gone.  We had a very nice afternoon!

I don't usually buy Pyrex even though I love it because I don't have room
but this bowl was deep with steep sides and I just had to have it.
Especially on half price day!

$2.99


 Our Black Lab, Gracie might have to be jealous of this new
addition to the family.  She stands about 6" tall and is solid, maybe clay?  It's very heavy.
The figurine is darker than the photo shows.  No markings on the bottom, but it's professionally felted.
$2.99


 I love these rocks because they have a purpose.  They are good coffee coasters while looking beautiful
on the table.  $1.25 each
Forget the iced drinks.  They sweat too much and there is zero absorption.

I'm not sure what possessed me to leave all my little house books behind when I moved, especially my three
library hardback copies.  But I've been without a LIW book for 2 1/2 years now and I suddenly
wanted to reread this one.  Especially since I have actually danced on this very spot.  


 Inside the book, it's exactly like my library copies so it will be a fun reread
$..99



Comments

Linda said…
Pyrex is virtually impossible to find around here. So I won't be collecting that. I just read about collectors who collect collections. Don't want to go there either ;) Linda@Wetcreek Blog
Cheapchick said…
Great finds, I love the rock coasters, very unique, I would have snapped them up as well. Cheers!
Birdhouse Books said…
There is something so comforting about vintage library books that remind us of our childhoods!

Love the Pyrex, too!

Trish
Jill said…
That's a cute little Spring Blossom casserole you found - I always like that pattern!!!

My daughter had the Little House books but I've never read any, maybe I should!!!
Those rock slices are gorgeous! The will be perfect for a little what not to sit on and I love the dog and book! You had a fun time. I haven't been thrifting lately but I can't wait to go again! Happy weekend!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I love the Pyrex! I have those bowls, but not the casserole dish, great price you got there. I always felt bad that you followed me on FB but I couldn't follow you back since I don't have a personal acct, but I now have Twitter, so I just followed you there. Yay! Thanks so much for sharing this at my History & Home link party. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
Spring Blossom Green Pyrex - always a great find!

The rocks/coasters are very nice. They are selling similar ones at Urban Outfitters for $6 (I believe is the price, maybe higher).
Great price on the Pyrex, sweet book too. Enjoy your re-read.
Ooh, those agate coasters are fabulous, and so "in" right now! Nice finds all around!
Vanessa said…
I love the spring blossom print :)

Popular posts from this blog

Future Non Scary Trunk or Treat Ideas

Disney World's Polynesian Resort Hotel

James' Summer Plans